Domicile Certificate is an essential document which proves that a person is an inhabitant or a permanent resident of the city. As per law, this certificate can be obtained from one city only. You may require domicile certificate for a job or for seeking admission in the university.
How can I Make my Domicile Certificate?
- First of all,visit the Official Website of your state.
- To make a Domicile Certificate online on some state’s official website,first,you have to create your account there.
- After creating an account then you have to log in and download the Domicile Certificate form.
- After that,log into your account and now it shows you the services option.
How can I get domicile certificate?
Domicile Certificate – Key Documents Required
- Identity Proof such as. Aadhaar Card.
- Residence Proof (to prove the applicant’s continuous stay for 3 years) such as.
- Passport-sized photograph of the applicant.
- Self-declaration form along with the application form.
- Proof of date of birth.
- An affidavit from tehsil or court.
Is Aadhaar card is a domicile certificate?
No. Aadhar card cannot be used as a domicile certificate. It is only proof of identity and not proof of residence.
What can be used as domicile certificate?
what documents to be used as domicile certificate?
- proof of residence such as ration card or driving license.
- Age proof such as birth certificate or 10th school certificate.
- two passport size photos.
- proof of identity such as aadhar card,pan card.
- self declaration form.
- duly filled the application form.
What is the difference between domicile certificate and residence certificate?
“Domicile” is your ” permanent home,” while “Residence” is your “temporary home.”
What is domicile certificate India?
Domicile certificate is generally issued to prove that the person holding the certificate is a resident of the State / Union Territory by which the certificate is being issued.
How can I apply for domicile?
To apply for a domicile certificate, an individual should possess the following documents:
- Affidavit as prescribed in Annexure-I of the domicile certificate form.
- Identity Proof (Aadhar card, Voter ID card, Ration Card, etc.)
- Resident Proof (Electricity bill, water bill, telephone bill, etc.)
Does domicile certificate have validity?
Domicile certificate has validity of life long. Domicile certificate is issued by the respective state government which contain date of issue which is specifically mentioned on certificate but, date of expiry is not mentioned on it because, the said certificate is valid for life long.
How can I get domicile certificate online?
- Certificate of age proof such as birth certificate, school certificate, etc.
- Document portraying the address such as ration card or driving license.
- Proof of residence.
- Self-declaration form.
- Two photographs of Voter ID or College or University ID.
- Duly filled application form.
- Proof of identity.
How can I get domicile certificate offline?
In case you want to apply for the Domicile Certificate offline, you can access the application forms from:
- Tehsildar’s Office.
- Sub-Divisional Office.
- Revenue Office.
- District Collector’s Office.
- Any other authorities that are assigned the task of handing out domicile certificates by the particular State Government.
What is the means of domicile?
1: a dwelling place: place of residence: home. 2 law. a: a person’s fixed, permanent, and principal home for legal purposes Report your change of domicile.
Can a person be without domicile?
There is no person without a domicile because it is necessary to connect a person with some legal system to regulate his legal relationships.
Is domicile and Niwas same?
Domicile certificate is very much much similar to Niwas Praman patra but both are not the same.
Why is domicile important?
Domicile refers to the place you call home permanently. Your domicile is important for legal purposes such as paying taxes, voting, and claiming benefits.