What important information is included in a birth certificate?
- There are three forms of birth certificates issued: Certified true copy/photostat – contains all information available on the birth of a person. Long-form – contains name, place and date of birth, parental information, date of issue, date of registration, registration number, certificate number, and authorised signature (s).
What things do you need birth certificate for?
In the United States, birth certificates serve as proof of an individual’s age, citizenship status, and identity. They are necessary to obtain a social security number, apply for a passport, enroll in schools, get a driver’s license, gain employment, or apply for other benefits.
What is needed at home affairs for birth certificate?
1. 31 Days up to One Year
- DHA 24/LRB (notice of birth)
- Children born at a health facilities: DHA 24/PB (Proof of birth) / Children born at home: DHA 24PBA (Proof of Birth Affidavit)
- DHA 288 /A (Affidavit giving reasons for LRB)
- Biometrics (palm, foot or fingerprint) of the child to be registered.
- Fingerprints of parent/s.
How long does it take to get a birth certificate?
It typically takes 4 to 8 weeks to receive your certified birth certificate copy in the mail. If you need your replacement sooner, premium services such as VitalRecordsOnline.com offer a Rush Package with expedited shipping. Some states may even be able to provide a copy within 2-3 business days.
How do I obtain a copy of my birth certificate?
Contact the vital records office in the state or territory where you were born to get a copy of your birth certificate. Follow the instructions for requesting copies and paying fees. If you need a copy fast, ask about expedited service or shipping when you place your order.
Can I get birth certificate online?
Order official, certified vital records online – quickly and securely. For 25 years, VitalChek has been an official, government-authorized service for citizens to securely order certified birth certificates and other vital records from official government agencies nationwide.
Can I get a birth certificate same day?
Getting your birth certificate in person States such as Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, amongst others, offer same-day walk-in birth certificate issuance.