Call your online brokerage firm and ask if they need you to sign the certificate in any particular way. Then you have to mail the certificate to the brokerage firm. Most online brokers will provide a mailing address on their website, but again, it’s safest to ask.
Where can you buy a stock certificate?
- Tip If you buy stock in a company that incorporated in Arizona, state law mandates that the company must issue paper stock certificates. You can buy as many paper stock certificates as you like at online auction sites like eBay or online stores like mystockcertificate.com or giveashare.com.
Are paper stock certificates worth anything?
Old stock certificates shouldn’t be simply thrown away. They can still have value if they represent an existing or merged company, or if they are valued as collectibles. If the stock has split over the years, the amount listed might not be the amount your certificate is worth.
How do I transfer ownership of paper stock certificates?
How to Transfer Stock Certificates
- Contact your financial representative. In order to transfer a stock certificate, you must get the help of the firm holding your shares.
- Sign the certificates and transfer them yourself.
- Monitor the transfer.
How do I convert paper stock certificates to electronics?
How to convert your paper-based certificate to a digital record
- Download and complete the DRS Transaction Request Form from the transfer agent’s website;
- Submit the form, along with your original physical certificate(s), to the transfer agent as per their instructions;
How do I sell OTC stock certificates?
In general, you sell an OTC stock the same way you would any other, in many cases through an online broker, such as Charles Schwab, TD Ameritrade or Scottrade.
How do I sell old paper shares?
In either case, if you want to sell the old stock certificates, you have some choices for selling them.
- One is by encashing them with the help of the transfer agent of the company who withholds the stock.
- Another way is by selling them, again with the help of the broker.
How do I sell paper shares?
How to trade share certificates
- Place your online trade. You can trade shares in any UK company that Equiniti maintains the share register for.
- Send share certificate & CREST Transfer form. Please send your share certificate(s) and a signed CREST Transfer form to finalise the sale.
How do I remove a name from a stock certificate?
Submit the signed stock ownership certificate, the stock power form and W-9 form to your brokerage firm or the company you have stock through. If you are changing your own name, due to marriage, divorce or court order, include a certified court document that verifies and authenticates your name change.
How do you endorse a stock certificate?
How to Endorse Stock Certificates
- Check the spelling of your name on the certificate. Just as with a check, you must endorse a stock certificate using a spelling identical to what appears on the front.
- Sign your name on the back of the certificate.
- Write the name of the brokerage on the back of the certificate.
How do you transfer stock ownership after death?
The executor may request the transfer in two ways: by filling out the back of the stock certificates themselves or by completing a stock transfer form. In either case, mail the completed request and/or certificates along with copies of the death certificate, will and power of attorney to the transfer agent.
How do I sell stock certificates without a broker?
One way to avoid a broker is to contact the investor relations department of the corporation whose shares you own and identify the company’s transfer agent. You can sell your shares directly to the transfer agent.
Can I cash in old stock certificates?
Not anyone can cash in a stock certificate. Most stocks are issued to an individual, but they do transfer to heirs. In this case, the transfer agent will tell you that you need to provide a probated will if you inherited the certificate.
How do you digitize paper stocks?
The process of conversion of physical shares to demat
- Step 1: Visit the website of your preferred DP.
- Step 2: Click on the ‘open a demat and trading account’ link.
- Step 3: Fill in the demat and trading account opening application.
- Step 4: Upload scanned copies of all the necessary Know Your Customer (KYC) documents.
What can you do with paper stock certificates?
Take the certificate to a notary public, and sign it in the notary’s presence. Send the stock certificate to the transfer agent by certified mail along with any required documentation of your ownership rights.
Are OTC stocks hard to sell?
It can sometimes be hard to buy and sell OTC stocks as quickly as you want, because the market simply isn’t as big as for the larger market value stocks on the big exchanges. Small capitalization stocks are also often subject to less regulation by the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Can I sell OTC stock anytime?
OTC stocks can be traded the same way listed stocks are traded. You can sell your shares at the market or for a limit, by setting your own price to execute if the stock moves to that price.