If you do not have your birth certificate in your possession, you need to contact your state or county Department of Health office in the state of your birth and request an original or certified copy.
Can you get an ID with just a birth certificate?
- No, you can’t only get a Social Security card with only a birth certificate in the United States. Because you need proof of identification (such as a driver’s license, state ID card, US passport, etc) something that a birth certificate does not provide.
How do I get a state ID without a birth certificate?
- A valid U.S. passport or passport card.
- A valid (or expired one year ago or less) U.S. state-issued driver license, ID card or photo instruction permit.
- A verification ID letter from the DSH Children’s Administration for foster youth.
- A refugee verification packet.
How can I prove my identity without ID?
You can use any document from the following list:
- State identification (ID) card.
- Driver license.
- US passport or passport card.
- US military card (front and back)
- Military dependent’s ID card (front and back)
- Permanent Resident Card.
- Certificate of Citizenship.
- Certificate of Naturalization.
What do you do if you lose your birth certificate and Social Security card?
If you really must replace your card, go to www.socialsecurity.gov/ssnumber before visiting your local Social Security office. The first step is to learn what documents you need. You’ll need to show us a U.S. driver’s license, a state issued non-driver identification card, or a U.S. passport to prove your identity.
Can I get a state ID online?
You must apply for an original non-driver ID in a DMV office. This cannot be done online, by mail, or by phone.
What do you do if you have no identification?
Keep your original documents in a safe. Store a certified copy of your birth certificate in your safe. Do not store your Birth Certificate and Social Security card in your wallet or purse, keep them in a safe place in your home or office where you will be able to find them easily.
What is the easiest valid ID to get?
Postal ID, NBI Clearance, UMID, and Passport are four of the easiest valid IDs to acquire.
What can I use as proof of ID?
Valid Forms of ID
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Birth Certificate.
- State-issued Identification Card.
- Student Identification Card.
- Social Security Card.
- Military Identification Card.
- Passport or Passport Card.
What documents can I use for ID me?
The process is simple: the user takes a photo of their identity document ( driver’s license, passport, or state ID ) and a quick selfie. ID.me uses advanced facial recognition to compare the picture of the applicant on the ID document to the selfie.
Can I get a digital copy of my Social Security card?
You can request a replacement Social Security card online if you: Are a U.S. citizen age 18 or older. Have a driver’s license or state-issued identification card from one of the participating states or the District of Columbia (to see if your state participates, go to www.ssa.gov/ssnumber).
Can I get a copy of my birth certificate online?
You can get a certified copy of your birth certificate online or by visiting the birth certificate office where the person on record was born. Ordering your birth certificate online is the easiest way to order birth records.
Where can I get a copy of my birth certificate in person?
Contact the vital records office in the state or territory where you were born to get a copy of your birth certificate. Follow the instructions for requesting copies and paying fees. If you need a copy fast, ask about expedited service or shipping when you place your order.
Where can I get a photo ID besides the DMV?
If you are getting into school or in office you can get your photo id within one day.
- DMV express service: Some states offers express service which can save your time.
- Online renewal:
- Mail renewal:
- Getting a passport:
- Form of photo ID:
- Related Article:
Can I get a photo ID at Walgreens?
Walgreen’s passport photo services allow individuals to obtain passport photos at Walgreen’s while they wait and shop the store. A Walgreen’s photo center can also print ID photos that are perfect for student IDs, sport facility IDs, and work IDs.