- Download a Birth Certificate Registration Form online through the website – crsorgi.gov.in or get it from the registrar’s office.
- Fill in the form within 21 days of the birth of the child.
- Once the registrar verifies the birth records (date, time, place of birth, parent’s ID proof, nursing home etc.)
Can we get our birth certificate online in India?
- India does not have a centralized online facility to obtain birth certificates. As of now, you will have to visit the office of Registrar of birth and death in your state to obtain records. Some states have made this available online, so make sure to do a quick google search (mention your state) before going there in person.
How can I get my birth certificate online in India?
However, difficulty captures you later if your parents have not gotten it in 21 days of birth. You can’t get government facilities. Other government documents, like PAN Card & Aadhar Card, will not be issued in its absence. Neither will you be able to fly abroad.
How can I get a copy of my birth certificate in India?
Steps to be followed for obtaining a duplicate/replacement certificate
- Visit the office of the municipal corporation in the city where you were born.
- You will need to pay a small fee for the issuing of a copy of the birth certificate.
How do I get a birth certificate in India if it was not registered when I was born?
Visit Municipal Corporation/Gram Panchayat Being unregistered, your birth registration requires a legal procedure to be carried out hierarchically. It begins with your visit to the competent authority, i.e. Municipal Corporation (MC) or Gram Panchayat or Para Medical office in the locality where the applicant was born.
How long does it take to get birth certificate in India?
If the verification is all in place, you will get the birth certificate sent to your address after 7-15 days. Just to be sure, follow up with the office after 7 days. If there is any urgency, you can in some cases get the birth certificate sent to you within a week by providing a self-addressed envelope.
What should I do if I lost my birth certificate in India?
In the event of losing your Indian Birth Certificate, you can apply for a duplicate certificate by visiting the nearest municipal office, or you can apply online at the official website of the state where you reside.
How can I get birth certificate after 40 years in India?
Make a request: The person should make a request to the Health Officer or Registrar at the registration office. The registrar may provide a prescribed printed application form to fill. Alternatively, he/she may issue an affidavit on his/her letterhead.
Can I get Indian passport without birth certificate?
According to the Passport Rules 1980, anybody born on or after 26 January 1989 had to submit his/her birth certificate to get a passport. A birth certificate is no longer mandatory to apply for a passport in India.
Is birth certificate mandatory in India?
The registration of births, deaths and still births are compulsory under the provisions of Registration of Births and Deaths (RBD) Act, 1969, in all parts of the Country.