The traditional route to Missouri teacher certification includes earning a bachelor’s degree or higher from a college or university that has a state-approved teacher education program. After completing a student teaching assignment, you must pass the designated assessment tests to earn an Initial Certificate.
How do you become teacher in Missouri?
- To become a certified teacher in Missouri, you will need to fulfill these requirements: Step One: Complete a bachelor’s degree and other prerequisite coursework required. Step Two: Complete a state-approved teacher preparation program. Step Three: Pass required exams. Step Four: Submit a Missouri teaching credential application.
How long does it take to become a teacher in Missouri?
*The Missouri initial certificate is a four-year license requiring two-years of mentoring, annual evaluation, participate in a beginning teacher assistance program, have a professional development plan, and a total of 30 contact hours of professional development during the four years.
How do I become a teacher in Missouri?
How to Become a Teacher in Missouri
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Complete the American Board program by passing the required pedagogy and subject area exams.
- Spend 60 hours (6-12) or 90 hours (elementary) in a school working with children.
Can I teach without a certification?
Federal standards require that all public school teachers be certified and state licensed. That being said, there are some ways in which you can teach without licensure. You may also function as an online instructor, a corporate trainer or an adult educational instructor.
How can I get a teaching certificate?
The Traditional Route to Teacher Certification
- Earn a bachelor’s degree and complete a teacher prep program.
- Fulfill the student teaching requirement.
- Earn your master’s degree if your specialization requires one.
- Pass your state’s required exam for teachers.
- Apply for state teacher certification.
How long does it take to get a teaching certificate?
Teacher education programs may take 4 years to complete after which certification plans are prepared for a three year period. During this plan period, the teacher must obtain a Standard Certification within 1-2 years.
Do I need a teaching certificate to teach college?
Unlike elementary and high school teachers, college professors typically do not require a teaching certification. Academic professors within colleges and universities are required to complete postsecondary education and training. However, depending on your specific subject, you may need an occupational certification.
How long does it take to get a teaching certificate if you already have a bachelor’s degree?
If you already have a bachelor’s degree in the subject area you want to teach, you may be able to complete the requirements in 1-2 years through a Master of Arts in Teaching or a Master of Education program.
Can I teach while getting certified?
Question: Can I teach while getting certified? Answer: Yes, many states have approved alternative teacher certification programs that are designed to allow students to teach part- or full-time while completing the required teacher preparation coursework.
How do I become a teacher if I already have a bachelor’s degree?
If you’ve earned a bachelor’s degree in any subject you can enroll in an alternative teacher certification program to become a licensed teacher in the states.