Resellers should apply with the Michigan Department of Treasury for a use tax license if products are sold to consumers from a Michigan location. You may call the Michigan Department of Treasury at 517-636-6925.
- A Resale Certificate is obtained by filling out Form 3372 from the Department of Treasury titled Michigan Sales and Use Tax Certificate of Exemption. Filling out the 3372 is pretty straightforward but is critical for the seller to gather all the information.
How much is a resale permit Michigan?
Michigan has only one type of sales tax permit, a Sales and Use License. Currently, there is no charge for a Michigan sales permit.
Does Michigan have a resale certificate?
Retailers who wish to buy items tax free for resale in the state of Michigan must present a Michigan resale certificate to the seller when making the purchase. For this purpose, Michigan provides Michigan Sales and Use Tax Certificate of Exemption form 3372 for resellers who wish to buy items tax free at retail.
How do I get a resale certificate?
How to Apply for a Reseller License
- Obtain the application from the appropriate state department.
- Organize the information and documents you need to complete the application.
- Submit the fee for obtaining your reseller certificate.
- Find out if and when you need to renew your reseller permit.
Do you need a license to sell in Michigan?
Businesses, who sell tangible personal property in addition to providing labor or a service, are required to obtain a sales tax license.
What license do I need to sell online in Michigan?
Required State License(s): A sales or use tax license is required. You may call the Michigan Department of Treasury at (517) 636-4660.
How do I get my wholesale license?
How to Get a Wholesale License
- Register your business. Contact the IRS to apply for an EIN, also called a Federal Tax Identification Number.
- Obtain a sales-tax license. Your state’s tax office can help you with your application.
- Apply for a state tax ID number.
- Now you can get your wholesale license.
How long does it take to get a resale certificate?
Normally, applications take 2-3 days for processing. Applications reported as “Success” have been approved and can be printed from LaTAP. LDR will also mail Resale Certificate renewals 7 – 10 business days after the application is approved.
Who needs a resale certificate?
A resale certificate is a document proving that you are a legitimate retailer or purchaser and are buying products to either resell or use as component parts of products you plan to resell. To use a resale certificate, you generally need to be registered to collect sales tax in at least one US state.
Is a resale certificate the same as a tax ID?
Resale Certificate. Even though it’s important for your taxes, your resale number isn’t the same as a tax ID number. Your business’s TIN goes on federal tax returns, and if you need to pay state taxes on your business income, you can apply for a state TIN. The resale number involves state sales tax.
Do I need a license to sell T shirts in Michigan?
A sales tax license is required for products sold at retail. You may call the Michigan Department of Treasury at (517) 636-4660 and request a 518 form.
How much is a wholesale license in Michigan?
May not sell to retailers at a quantity discount. $300.00 minimum annual license fee covers one licensed delivery vehicle. Additional delivery vehicles are $50.00 per vehicle. License renews annually on May 1.