- Call VitalChek at 1-877-817-7363, toll free 24 hours a day, 7 days a week or order online now through VitalChek.
- A search fee must accompany all requests for copies of vital records.
- Take/mail to: Local Public Health Agency.
- Take to: Bureau of Vital Records.
- Mail to: Bureau of Vital Records.
- Mail to:
What documents do I need for Missouri birth certificate?
- You’ll need: Proof of your name, birth date, and place of birth, such as your: U.S. passport. Proof of your Social Security number ( SSN ), such as: Your Social Security card. Proof of your Missouri address, such as your: Utility bill.
How much does it cost to get a new birth certificate in Missouri?
The Vital Records Office can provide certified copies of Missouri birth certificates for $15.00 each with a cash, check, credit card (authorized signature required), or money order payment. Birth certificates are available for most births of 1920 to present. The birth certificate copy will be printed while you wait.
Can you get a birth certificate same day in Missouri?
We offer same-day printing of certified copies of birth certificates for individuals born in Missouri. For birth certificates prior to 1920, you must contact the Bureau of Vital Records at the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services.
How long does it take to receive a birth certificate in Missouri?
A birth certificate takes at least 2-4 weeks to be completed by the State of Missouri.
Can I get a copy of my birth certificate online?
You can get a certified copy of your birth certificate online or by visiting the birth certificate office where the person on record was born. Ordering your birth certificate online is the easiest way to order birth records.
Where can I get a copy of my birth certificate in person?
Contact the vital records office in the state or territory where you were born to get a copy of your birth certificate. Follow the instructions for requesting copies and paying fees. If you need a copy fast, ask about expedited service or shipping when you place your order.
Do I need an appointment to get my birth certificate?
Birth Certificates may be obtained in person by appointment, ordered or by mail or purchased online.
How long does it take to get a birth certificate?
It typically takes 4 to 8 weeks to receive your certified birth certificate copy in the mail. If you need your replacement sooner, premium services such as VitalRecordsOnline.com offer a Rush Package with expedited shipping. Some states may even be able to provide a copy within 2-3 business days.
What do you need to pick up birth certificate?
You will need to provide:
- A completed application form.
- A $12 non-refundable search fee (search fee includes one certified copy of the birth certificate). Each additional copy is $3. We accept exact cash, a money order, or cashier’s check made payable to S.C. DHEC.
- A valid government, school or employer-issued photo ID.