How to Fix SSL Certificate Error
- Diagnose the problem with an online tool.
- Install an intermediate certificate on your web server.
- Generate a new Certificate Signing Request.
- Upgrade to a dedicated IP address.
- Get a wildcard SSL certificate.
- Change all URLS to HTTPS.
- Renew your SSL certificate.
How do you remove a certificate error?
- To clear the certificate error, go to Tools — Internet Options from the menu. Click on the Advanced tab and scroll down to the security section. Click Apply and Ok. Attempt to reload the page by clicking the Refresh button at the end of the address bar or by pressing the F5 key.
How do I fix certificate errors in Chrome?
How to Fix SSL Security Certificate Errors in Chrome
- Update Your Computer’s Date & Time.
- Use Chrome in Incognito Mode.
- Remove Chrome Extensions.
- Clear Website Cookies.
- Delete Chrome’s Cache Files.
- Disable SSL Scanning from Antivirus.
- Reset Google Chrome Settings.
- Contact Website Administrator.
Why is my SSL certificate not working?
The most common cause of a “certificate not trusted” error is that the certificate installation was not properly completed on the server (or servers) hosting the site. Use our SSL Certificate tester to check for this issue. In the tester, an incomplete installation shows one certificate file and a broken red chain.
What is SSL certification error?
An SSL certificate error occurs when the browser cannot verify the SSL certificates returned by the server. When the error happens, the browser blocks the website and warns the user that the website cannot be trusted as shown below. These warnings will negatively impact the user’s trust on your website.
How do I refresh SSL certificate in browser?
Clear SSL State Chrome
- Click the (Settings) icon, and then click Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- Under Network, click Change proxy settings. The Internet Properties dialog box appears.
- Click the Content tab.
- Click Clear SSL state, and then click OK.
How do I update SSL certificate in Chrome?
- Open the browser.
- Click Customize and control Google Chrome button in the upper right corner.
- Choose Settings.
- Under Privacy and security section, click More.
- Click Manage certificates, The new window will appear.
- Choose Trusted Root Certification Authorities tab.
- Click Import.
- In the opened window, click Next.
How do I install an SSL certificate?
How to Install an SSL/TLS Certificate In Web Host Manager (WHM)
- Your server certificate. This is the certificate you received from the CA for your domain.
- Your intermediate certificates.
- Your private key.
- Log in to WHM.
- Enter Username/Password.
- Go to your Homepage.
- Click SSL/TLS.
- Click Install an SSL Certificate on a Domain.
What is SSL error in Google Chrome?
SSL Certificate error in a browser is also known as Chrome SSL Connection Error. Main reasons behind SSL Certificate Error on Google Chrome are: The System Time is not the real-time. The SSL certificate has Expired.
What causes a certificate error?
Certificate errors occur when there’s a problem with a certificate or a web server’s use of the certificate. Internet Explorer helps keep your information more secure by warning about certificate errors.
How do I get my SSL certificate trusted?
Windows 10 — Chrome, IE11, and Edge
- Double-click on the certificate ( ca.
- Click on the “Install Certificate” button.
- Select whether you want to store it at the user or machine level.
- Click “Next.”
- Select “Place all certificates in the following store.”
- Click “Browse.”
- Select “Trusted Root Certification Authorities.”
How do I check my SSL certificate?
Chrome has made it simple for any site visitor to get certificate information with just a few clicks:
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar for the website.
- Click on Certificate (Valid) in the pop-up.
- Check the Valid from dates to validate the SSL certificate is current.
How do I clear SSL certificate?
- Open the Start menu.
- Search for and open Internet Options.
- In the dialog box that appears, select the Content tab.
- Click Clear SSL State.
What happens if I clear SSL state?
Clearing the SSL state eliminates the problems of caching certificates since it wipes out the cache. Doing this shouldn’t be necessary in day-to-day computing, since resetting your computer or, in some cases, closing your browser, will also clear your SSL state.