To request a copy of the marriage application, certificate, and/or verification, please complete and mail the applicable form to our office.
- There is a $10.00 search fee for marriage requests.
- The $10.00 search fee is NON-REFUNDABLE; if the file is FOUND, one certified letter will be provided.
What are the requirements to get a marriage license in Georgia?
- Fill out the application for a marriage license in Georgia, which you can pick up at the local clerk’s office. You will need ID in English to obtain a marriage license. Acceptable forms of ID are driver’s licenses, military IDs, passports, or birth certificates.
How long does it take to get a marriage certificate in Georgia?
You will need proof of age, proof of divorce (if applicable), and a method of payment when applying for a marriage license. The signed marriage license should be returned to the probate court within 30 days of the ceremony. You will then receive your marriage certificate in the mail within 30 days.
How can I get a copy my marriage certificate online?
Obtain your marriage certificate online or by visiting the vital records government agency in the state where the wedding ceremony took place. Ordering your marriage certificate online is the easiest way to order marriage records. Find the closest vital records office, visit OnlineVitals.com.
How much is a marriage certificate in Georgia?
Marriage licenses cost approximately $56 in Georgia. You can pay in cash (but no bills larger than $20), money order, or credit card. To reduce the price to $16 you can complete a state-approved premarital educational program.
How do I obtain a marriage certificate?
Married in the U.S.: How to Get a Certified Copy of a Marriage Certificate. Contact the state vital records office. They may direct you to the clerk of the city or county where the license was issued or to another local office.
Can you get marriage license online in Georgia?
To make application for a marriage license, both parties must appear in person at 735 James Brown Blvd., Suite 1000 between the hours of 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, Monday – Friday. Applicants can begin the Application process online at https://georgiaprobaterecords.com for a faster in-office application time.
How can I check my marriage registration certificate online?
How To Track Status-
- First of all, you have to visit the official website of your State Government.
- After that found out the Link for Marriage Registration on State portal.
- Click on the check Marriage Registration Status Link.
- Enter the Acknowledgment Number or Application Number and then Click on the Submit Option.
How long does it take to get a marriage certificate?
When mailing a certified copy of a Marriage Certificate, we send it using first class mail through the United States Postal Service, and it is usually received within two weeks. If you have not received your request within two weeks, please contact the Recorder’s Office at 775-328-3660.
What documents do you need to get married at the courthouse?
Courthouse wedding checklist
- Valid photo identification (i.e., passport, driver’s license, or other government-issued ID)
- End date and other details about previous marriages.
- Birth certificate.
- Proof of residency.
Does a Georgia marriage license expire?
Any Georgia resident may apply for a license in any county in Georgia. However, if neither applicant is a resident of Georgia, you may only obtain your license in the county where the ceremony is performed. The license does not have an expiration date. Both parties must be present in order to obtain a marriage license.
How can I prove my marriage without a certificate?
Such indirect evidence would include personal letters and emails, phone records, residential records, travel records, joint family photographs, joint business records, and other proof that the couple shared the same household or resources. It would also include evidence that the couple has had children.