Find the vital records office in your state of birth or visit Vital Records Online to begin the process there. Some states allow you to apply for a replacement birth certificate without identification.
- Several states don’t require a government-issued photo ID to get a replacement certificate. You can order a birth certificate online. All you need is the pertinent information, such as dates, the reason or need for the certificate, and who you need it for. Some states allow your mother or father, whose names are on the birth certificate, to submit a notarized letter with a copy of their photo ID in order to obtain a replacement certificate.
How can I prove my identity without ID?
You can use any document from the following list:
- State identification (ID) card.
- Driver license.
- US passport or passport card.
- US military card (front and back)
- Military dependent’s ID card (front and back)
- Permanent Resident Card.
- Certificate of Citizenship.
- Certificate of Naturalization.
What documents do you need to get a copy of your birth certificate?
When submitting your application to request a certified copy of your birth certificate, you are required to prove your identity. In most cases, you will be required to provide a copy of your photo ID, i.e., passport, driver’s license or state photo ID.
How do you get a replacement birth certificate?
Contact the vital records office in the state or territory where you were born to get a copy of your birth certificate. Follow the instructions for requesting copies and paying fees. If you need a copy fast, ask about expedited service or shipping when you place your order.
What do you do if you have no identification?
Keep your original documents in a safe. Store a certified copy of your birth certificate in your safe. Do not store your Birth Certificate and Social Security card in your wallet or purse, keep them in a safe place in your home or office where you will be able to find them easily.
Where can I get a photo ID besides the DMV?
If you are getting into school or in office you can get your photo id within one day.
- DMV express service: Some states offers express service which can save your time.
- Online renewal:
- Mail renewal:
- Getting a passport:
- Form of photo ID:
- Related Article:
Can I get a copy of my birth certificate online?
You can get a certified copy of your birth certificate online or by visiting the birth certificate office where the person on record was born. Ordering your birth certificate online is the easiest way to order birth records.
Is Vital Records USA legit?
Yes, we are a valid legitimate service designed to simplify the process of obtaining important certificates. We operate in the United States and employ American staff to process applications and assist our customers.
What do you do if you lose your birth certificate and Social Security card?
If you really must replace your card, go to www.socialsecurity.gov/ssnumber before visiting your local Social Security office. The first step is to learn what documents you need. You’ll need to show us a U.S. driver’s license, a state issued non-driver identification card, or a U.S. passport to prove your identity.