Find the vital records office in your state of birth or visit Vital Records Online to begin the process there. Some states allow you to apply for a replacement birth certificate without identification.
- To replace your lost birth certificate without any other identification you will need to contact your local vital records office so that they provide you with instructions for your specific case. This may vary depending on the state you were born in, whether you were adopted, born on US territory, or abroad, and other factors.
How can I prove my identity without ID?
You can use any document from the following list:
- State identification (ID) card.
- Driver license.
- US passport or passport card.
- US military card (front and back)
- Military dependent’s ID card (front and back)
- Permanent Resident Card.
- Certificate of Citizenship.
- Certificate of Naturalization.
How do I obtain a copy of my birth certificate?
Contact the vital records office in the state or territory where you were born to get a copy of your birth certificate. Follow the instructions for requesting copies and paying fees. If you need a copy fast, ask about expedited service or shipping when you place your order.
What can I use as proof of ID?
Valid Forms of ID
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Birth Certificate.
- State-issued Identification Card.
- Student Identification Card.
- Social Security Card.
- Military Identification Card.
- Passport or Passport Card.
Can I get a copy of my ID online?
You may order a duplicate online through a MyDMV account. If you do not have the information needed to set up a MyDMV account, please order in person. Some restrictions apply: The card must not expire within the next 60 days.
How long does it take to get a birth certificate?
It typically takes 4 to 8 weeks to receive your certified birth certificate copy in the mail. If you need your replacement sooner, premium services such as VitalRecordsOnline.com offer a Rush Package with expedited shipping. Some states may even be able to provide a copy within 2-3 business days.
Can I get a birth certificate same day?
Getting your birth certificate in person States such as Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, amongst others, offer same-day walk-in birth certificate issuance.
Do birth certificates count as ID?
The birth certificate is the initial identification document issued to parents shortly after the birth of their child. By itself, the birth certificate is usually only considered proof of citizenship but not proof of identity, since it is issued without a photograph at birth, containing no identifying features.
How can I get proof of my child’s address?
Documents you could use as proof of your child’s address include:
- Child benefit letter.
- Letter from a GP or other NHS provider.
- Letter from a current childcare provider.
- Bank or building society letter or statement.
Can a bank card be used as ID?
List of acceptable documents: A valid UK driving licence. Recent evidence of entitlement to a state- or local authority-funded benefit (including housing benefit, council tax benefit, tax credits, state pension, educational or other grant) Current bank statements or credit/debit card statements.
Where can I get a photo ID besides the DMV?
If you are getting into school or in office you can get your photo id within one day.
- DMV express service: Some states offers express service which can save your time.
- Online renewal:
- Mail renewal:
- Getting a passport:
- Form of photo ID:
- Related Article:
Can you replace Real ID online?
Online. If you already have an Enhanced or REAL ID, or you want to keep your Standard, you can replace online. Your document type will stay the same. Your temporary document is valid for 60 days.
How do I know my ID number?
The identity number is printed on all of your national identification documents, such as your ID-card, passport, residents permit etc. It is usually either next to or below your name or your birth date. Look for a number with 11 digits containing your birthday in a year-month-date or date-month-year format.