Skip to content
- There is no such thing as a certificate or a certification program that, according to the law, formally qualifies a dog as an emotional support animal.
- This is because the law does not recognize dogs as emotional support animals.
- The acquisition of a letter of reference from a certified mental health practitioner is the one and only acceptable method for establishing your dog’s status as an Emotional Support Animal (ESA).
Can I get an emotional support animal certification online?
- Certificates do not grant legal validity to ESAs.
- Finding a qualified expert who is willing to provide services remotely is the easiest method to get the letter you need to qualify for an emotional support animal that can be obtained online.
- Therefore, it is possible that people who ask questions such as ″can I acquire an emotional support animal certification online?″ are conflating ESA letters with certificates in their minds.
How to write an ESA letter for an emotional support animal?
- Make sure that the person who will be writing the letter for you has the appropriate power to do so.
- Your ESA letter needs to be written on the letterhead of the mental health professional in order for you to be eligible for an emotional support animal.
- It also needs to include the type of license the mental health professional holds, the date the license was issued, the license number, and the state that issued the license.