What is the best event planning certification?
The Certified Special Event Professional (CSEP) designation, the Certified Meeting Professional certification from the Convention Industry Council (CIC) and the Certified Meeting Planner program from Meeting Planners International (MPI) are three of the most sought-after distinctions in event planning.
How do you become a certified special events professional?
The steps to obtaining your CSEP event planner certification are as follows:
- Complete the CSEP application.
- Submit proof of three years of full-time events industry employment.
- Pay $600 exam fee – credit card information is collected in the application.
What classes should I take for event planning?
- Basic Managerial Skills.
- Corporate Communications.
- Marketing Management-Events.
- Behavioural Aspects of Humans at Work.
- Advance Event Budgeting and Economics.
- Computer Application in the Event Industry.
- Concept and Designing of Events.
- Production Management- Events.
What education is needed to become an event manager?
Types of Event Management Courses:Name of the CourseType of CourseDurationBA in Events ManagementGraduate Degree Course3 yearsDiploma in Event ManagementDiploma Course1 yearPG Diploma in Event ManagementPG Diploma Course1 yearPG Diploma in Media, Marketing and Event ManagementPG Diploma Course1 year
How much do top event planners make?
The average salary breaks down to $23.95 per hour. The top 10 percent of planners made $78,530 annually, on average, while the lowest 10 percent made an average of just $27,410 annually.
How long does it take to get CMP certification?
How do you become a CMP? Work 36 months full-time in the meeting industry, and undergo 25 hours of continuing education within a 5-year period. If you have a degree in event management or hospitality, you only need to work 24 months. Submit the CMP application, and pass the exam to become a CMP.
What are the best certifications to have?
15 most in demand certifications for 2020
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect.
- Certified Data Professional (CDP)
- Certified Ethical Hacker.
- Certified ScrumMaster.
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
How do I study for the CMP exam?
5 Study Tips and Tricks to Ace the Certified Meeting Professional Exam:
- If your local MPI Chapter offers it, participate in Chapter led CMP Study Groups. …
- Take a CMP Boot Camp. …
- Use Flash Cards and Highlighters. …
- Take all the quizzes and practice exams you can find. …
- Read the books and know the vocabulary!
What is the best online event planning course?
5 Online Event Planning Classes To Jumpstart Your Career
- Emory University Event Planning Certification. …
- Universal Class: Event Planning 101. …
- International Institute of Event Management (IIEM) …
- QC Event School. …
- Special Events Institute: Event Planning Certification.
Is an event planner a good career?
Finally, the most important part of being a successful event planner is your ability to maintain your composure. Things can go wrong, and they often do. … A career in event planning can be challenging, but it can be a lucrative job with strong growth potential in the future.