What do you have to do to become a certified dental assistant?
To qualify for RDA examinations, candidates must:
- Graduate from a Board-approved RDA educational program; or.
- Complete at least 15 months (1,280 hours) of satisfactory work experience as a dental assistant with a dentist licensed in one of the states in the United States; or.
Can you get your dental assistant certification online?
Can You Get Dental Assistant Certification Online? You can earn a dental assisting diploma or certificate online, but you will need to take the CDA exam in person at an approved testing facility in order to earn a national certification.
What other certifications can a dental assistant get?
Exams and Certifications
- National Entry Level Dental Assistant (NELDA®)
- Certified Dental Assistant™ (CDA®)
- Certified Orthodontic Assistant (COA®)
- Certified Preventive Functions Dental Assistant (CPFDA®)
- Certified Restorative Functions Dental Assistant (CRFDA®)
What is the best dental assistant program?
The Best Online Dental Assisting ProgramsRankSchoolLocation1Oregon State UniversityCorvallis, OR2Indiana University – Purdue University – IndianapolisIndianapolis, IN3University of GeorgiaAthens, GA4Rutgers UniversityNew Brunswick, NJ